LEVEL 5 DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is awarded by Edexcel and delivered by Onside Education.
The programme will provide you with a thorough preparation for undertaking key roles in teaching, training or facilitating learning, and will offer you the opportunity to develop your practice through developmental reflection and theoretical perspectives. There are three modules. Learners on this programme will be expected to undertake a good deal of autonomous study and research, as would be expected in any qualification at this level.
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training prepares trainee teachers to teach in a range of contexts. There is a significant element of practice requirement, and a strong expectation of evidence of competence when undertaking teaching and/or training responsibilities. Topics covered include:
• Planning, delivering and evaluating teaching and learning
• Developing the skills to assess learning in education and training
• Developing knowledge around theories, principles and models in education and training
• Understanding professionalism and the influence of professional values in education and training
To achieve the Level 5 Diploma, learners must attain 75 credits from core units plus a further 45 credits from a range of optional units to reach a total of 120 credits.
This qualification consists of four mandatory units and a selection of optional units to a value of 45 credits in order to gain the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training. Each unit will be broken down into Delegate Assessment tasks
Main Mandatory Units:
• Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
• Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
• Theories, principles and models in education and training
• Wider professional practice and development in education and training
• Actioning research
• Actioning learning for teaching in a specialist area of disability
• Actioning learning to support development of subject specific pedagogy
• Delivering employability skills
• Develop learning and development programmes*
• Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
• Effective partnership working in the learning and teaching context
• Engaging with employers to facilitate workforce development*
• Equality and diversity
• Evaluating learning programmes
• Identifying the learning needs of organisations*
• Inclusive practice
• Internally assuring the quality of assessment*
• Preparing for the coaching role
• Preparing for the mentoring role
• Preparing for the personal tutoring role
• Specialist delivery techniques and activities
• Teaching in a specialist area
• Understanding and managing behaviours in a learning environment
• Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment*
• Understanding the principles and practices of externally assuring the quality of assessment*
• Using study skills approaches and techniques to enhance the learning of others
• Working with individual learners
• Working with the 14-19 age range in education and training
* Indicates that units are from the Learning and Development suite
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning available) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
You will be given up to two years to complete the course if studying part time. It is possible to complete the course in one year if studying full time (one full day per week with a tutor for each academic week). Our courses have many start dates, but usually these fall on the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of evidence, and practical assignment/demonstration of your competence and capabilities.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one to one tuition
• Unique reading aids and learning materials
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification, awarded by Edexcel:
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
• Full time (one year – one full day per academic week) - £6000
• Part time (two years – one evening per academic week) - £6000
We may be able to arrange a payment plan for our delegates, on provision of a deposit being paid upon enrolment. Please note that you will only receive your qualification once the full cost of the course has been paid.
• A minimum of a Level 3 qualification in your main teaching subject/specialism
• GCSE English at minimum Grade C (or equivalent)
• GCSE Maths at minimum Grade C (or equivalent)
• Access to practice sufficient teaching hours, undertaken either on an employed or voluntary basis
• Support from a work-based subject specialist mentor
• Support from a work-based professional mentor
• You must have regular and reliable access to a computer and the internet
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to email@example.com.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.