LEVEL 2 AWARD IN MULTI-SKILLS DEVELOPMENT IN SPORT (1ST4SPORT)
Developed in partnership with Sports Coach UK and other experts within the sector, the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport (QCF) provides learners aged 17 and over with an introduction to the processes and principles of supporting child development through a multi-skills approach.
Learners who achieve this qualification will:
• become qualified to support children’s successful participation in sport
• learn how to design, deliver and evaluate multi-skills activity sessions
• make a positive impact on the children they’re working with by developing their movement, confidence and sport-related skills
• help children master the fundamentals of movement in a fun, imaginative and progressive way
• Make sport more enjoyable for children and young people
The qualification is suitable for:
• sports-specific coaches who wish to specialise in coaching children and young people
• sports coaches who work, or aspire to work, in schools
• coaches who work with children in grassroots football
• coaches employed through funded-initiatives such as ‘Football in the Community’
• coaches employed/deployed through local authority sports development departments
• students at universities or colleges looking to develop their existing coaching skills
• Adults involved in the delivery of sport and physical activity in primary and/or secondary education that meet the appropriate pre-requisite criteria.
The qualification is divided into the following units:
• Understanding how to support child development through multi-skills
• Developing fundamental movement skills (FMS) through multi-skills coaching
• Developing fundamental sport skills (FSS) through multi-skills coaching
The course will require you two attend two full days of practical and theoretical workshops with our tutor, followed by home study and applied learning. You will then be assessed within a setting of your choice.
Course Start and Duration:
The course will take a minimum of two days to complete on-site, and you will be expected to carry out some home study and session application work outside of those workshops. We run our Multi-Skills courses throughout the year, and can offer both weekday and weekend options to suit.
Coursework, a portfolio of evidence, and a practical assignment/demonstration will all be expected as part of your qualification.
What you will receive
• Bespoke group tutorials and one-to-one support
• Unique reading resources and learning material
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification (accredited by 1st4Sport): Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport
• £150 per person
We may be able to arrange a payment plan for our learners on the basis of an initial deposit made payable upon enrollment, but please bear in mind that you will only receive your qualification once the course has been paid for in full.
• You must be at least 17 years of age
• You must hold, or be working towards, a minimum of a QCF accredited Level 2 sports specific coaching qualification, OR a recognised equivalent, such as:
• Level 2 Award in the Principles for Coaching Sport
• Level 2 Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport
• 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport (PESS)
• Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) + Physical Education specialism
• BSc/BA Degree in Sports Coaching (inclusive of practical delivery)
• You must be able to communicate effectively in English
• Coaching at Local Sports Clubs
• Coaching at Schools/Colleges
• Coaching at Charity and Community Events
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.