LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN PERSONAL TRAINING & BUSINESS PLANNING
So you’re interested in becoming a Personal Trainer and setting up your own business? Then you’re in the right place! You can now become a REPs qualified Personal Trainer in as little as 6 weeks on this run of our specialist course! With our industry experienced and expertly trained tutors, you can become a Level 3 Personal Trainer and get the qualifications and skills required to get set up to work for yourself. Once you have completed this course, the world is your fitness arena.
This is a great opportunity for all current Level 2 Fitness Instructors to gain their Level 3 Personal Training qualification, complete with a business edge. Onside can see the potential for our PTs to succeed on their own, so we don’t just train your body, we train your brain.
COURSE CONTENT UNITS:
• Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise
• Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
• Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity
• Applying the Principles of Nutrition as Part of a Personal Training Programme
• Programming Personal Training with Clients
• Delivering Personal Training
• Business Planning
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning if preferred) and 3 workshop sessions, plus a final assessment. This assessment can take place in either your local facility with a client, or you may attend one of our partner gyms in Lancashire or Greater Manchester for your assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
This course will take a minimum of 6 weeks to complete, but you will given up to a year to complete the course in full. Our courses start regularly throughout the year, and usually fall on the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of evidence and practical assignment/demonstration
What you will receive?
• Bespoke one-to-one tutorials
• Wholesale discount on nutritional supplements from our Shop
• Unique reading aids and learning material
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification accredited by Innovate Awarding: Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Planning
Upon successful completion of any of our Fitness Instruction or Personal Training courses, you will be qualified to join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
Distance Learning – £1,300
On-site Learning – £1,600
Could you be eligible to get this course for FREE? Get in touch to find out more as terms and conditions will apply.
We can look at a payment plan that works for you where you pay an initial deposit for your course and monthly installments at the end of each month, but please do bear in mind that you will only receive your full qualification once the whole course fee has been paid in full.
• You must be at least 16 years old.
• You must hold the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction.
• You must be able to commit your time fully throughout the course.
• If you are taking the distance learning option then you will need regular access to a computer and the Internet.
• If you are taking on this course as an apprenticeship, you must also hold a Grade A* – C in both English and Maths GCSEs, though if you do not have evidence of this from within the last 5 years, we will support you through Functional Skills in one or both subjects while you’re studying your course with us.
Working as a Personal Trainer in:
• Health and Fitness Centres/Clubs
• Local Authority Leisure Centres
• Country Clubs
• Community projects
Remember that this course puts you in prime position to use your qualification to register as a self-employed Personal Trainer, or even set up your own fitness business!
As a Personal Trainer, it is your responsibility to provide a comprehensive one-to-one educational fitness programme that promotes health and fitness development through realistic goal setting and education. You will be a key part of producing independent fitness enthusiasts by providing them with in-depth information on equipment usage, lifestyle management, and ultimately, knowledge of how to design their own personal fitness programmes.
ASPECTS OF YOUR WORK WILL INCLUDE:
Running initial assessments or consultation sessions with members.
• Inducting members and showing them how to effectively use the equipment.
• Writing individual training programmes.
• Adapting training programmes for members with health problems or fitness injuries.
• Offering advice and guidance on nutrition and lifestyle.
• Implementing marketing initiatives to motivate members to use the gym or attend classes.
• Supervising customers and service users, ensuring they are correctly using the equipment and facilities.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.