LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN FITNESS INSTRUCTION & PERSONAL TRAINING
WANT TO BECOME A PERSONAL TRAINER?
Now is your chance to take that step into the Fitness Industry.
Gain your Level 3 qualification by undertaking a course with Onside Education
by utilising the learner loan system.
Which you don't pay back until you're earning £21,000 per annum.
This qualification is designed to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes for a range of different client groups. The course develops foundations, skills and knowledge needed for learners to pursue a career in Personal Training.
This course will teach you how to offer one-to-one training and nutritional advice, and how to design programmes tailored to the individual needs of your clients.
The knowledge and skills you gain will help you to develop a career as a personal trainer. These qualifications are designed to enhance your employment opportunities or give you the functional skills you need to start out on your own as a freelance or self-employed Personal Trainer.
Course Content Units:
Level 2 Fitness Instruction:
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Health and Safety
• Planning a Fitness Session
• Delivering a Fitness Session
Level 3 Personal Training:
• Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise
• Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
• Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity
• Applying the Principles of Nutrition as Part of a Personal Training Programme
• Programming Personal Training with Clients
• Delivering Personal Training
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning if preferred) and 3 workshop sessions, plus a final assessment. This assessment can take place in either your local facility with a client, or you may attend one of our partner gyms in Lancashire or Greater Manchester for your assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
This course will take a minimum of 24 weeks to complete, but you will given up to a year to complete the course in full. Our courses start regularly throughout the year, and usually fall on the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of evidence and practical assignment/demonstration
What you will receive?
• Bespoke one-to-one tutorials
• Wholesale discount on nutritional supplements from our Shop
• Unique reading aids and learning material
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification accredited by Innovate Awarding: Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instruction and Personal Training
Upon successful completion of any of our Fitness Instruction or Personal Training courses, you will be qualified to join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
• Distance Learning – £2,000
• On-site Learning – £2,800
Pay nothing now and enrol onto the course through learner loans. Get in touch to find out more.
We can look at a payment plan that works for you where you pay an initial deposit for your course and monthly installments at the end of each month,
but please do bear in mind that you will only receive your full qualification once the whole course fee has been paid in full.
• You must be at least 16 years old.
• You must be able to commit your time fully throughout the course.
• If you are taking the distance learning option then you will need regular access to a computer and the Internet.
• Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is desirable, and as the course requires physical exertion and individual participation,
a strong element of physical fitness is necessary.
Working as a Personal Trainer in:
• Health and Fitness Centres/Clubs
• Local Authority Leisure Centres
• Country Clubs
• Community projects
• Alternatively, you may wish to use your qualification to register as a self-employed Personal Trainer, or even set up your own fitness business!
As a Personal Trainer, it is your responsibility to provide a comprehensive one-to-one educational fitness programme that promotes health and fitness development through realistic goal setting and education. You will be a key part of producing independent fitness enthusiasts by providing them with in-depth information on equipment usage, lifestyle management, and ultimately, knowledge of how to design their own personal fitness programmes.
ASPECTS OF YOUR WORK WILL INCLUDE:
• Running initial assessments or consultation sessions with members.
• Inducting members and showing them how to effectively use the equipment.
• Writing individual training programmes.
• Adapting training programmes for members with health problems or fitness injuries.
• Offering advice and guidance on nutrition and lifestyle.
• Implementing marketing initiatives to motivate members to use the gym or attend classes.
• Supervising customers and service users, ensuring they are correctly using the equipment and facilities.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Please fill in the form below if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.