LEVEL 3 ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN PERSONAL TRAINING
Increase your opportunities in the fitness market and gain Personal Training, Business Planning and REPs standard qualifications with Onside.
Based on our popular Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training, this advanced version not only transforms you into an industry-accredited PT, but gives you expertise in leading, developing and assessing a wide range of group classes too.
The fitness industry is increasing year on year, and we aim to ensure our candidates stand out from the competition. This Advanced Level course will really help you appeal to employers and maximise your own business prospects in this popular line of work.
Completing the Advanced Personal Training Diploma with Onside you will gain:
• Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction
• Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Planning
• Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
• Studio Cycling Certificate
• Kettlebells Certificate
It can take you as little as 4 months to complete the course – but it is designed to fit around your commitments so you’ll be given plenty of time. Our flexible teaching style means you can complete much of your learning at home, through a mixture of online modules and private study, before getting the crucial face-to-face training with one of our expert industry experienced tutors. The face-to-face training required consists of 2x four-day courses for the Personal Training Diploma, plus an additional 6 days in total for the group session certificates.
As the Advanced Personal Trainer Diploma includes a Level 2 and Level 3 qualification, there are no pre-requisites – we’ll take you right through, from first steps to REPs!
COURSE CONTENT UNITS:
Level 2 Fitness Instruction:
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Health and Safety
• Planning a Fitness Session
• Delivering a Fitness Session
Level 3 Personal Training:
• Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise
• Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
• Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity
• Applying the Principles of Nutrition as Part of a Personal Training Programme
• Programming Personal Training with Clients
• Delivering Personal Training
• Business Planning
• Exercise Referral
• Studio Cycling
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning if preferred) and 3 workshop sessions, plus a final assessment. This assessment can take place in either your local facility with a client, or you may attend one of our partner gyms in Lancashire or Greater Manchester for your assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
This course will take a minimum of 16 weeks to complete, but you will given up to a year to complete the course in full. Our courses start regularly throughout the year, and usually fall on the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of evidence and practical assignment/demonstration
What you will receive?
• Bespoke one-to-one tutorials
• Wholesale discount on nutritional supplements from our Shop
• Unique reading aids and learning material
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification accredited by Innovate Awarding: Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Personal Training
Upon successful completion of any of our Fitness Instruction or Personal Training courses, you will be qualified to join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
• Distance Learning - £2,500
• On-site Learning – £2,800
Could you be eligible to get this course for FREE? Get in touch to find out more as terms and conditions will apply.
We can look at a payment plan that works for you where you pay an initial deposit for your course and monthly installments at the end of each month, but please do bear in mind that you will only receive your full qualification once the whole course fee has been paid in full.
• You must be at least 16 years old.
• You must be able to commit your time fully throughout the course.
• If you are taking the distance learning option then you will need regular access to a computer and the Internet.
• Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is desirable, and as the course requires physical exertion and individual participation, a strong element of physical fitness is necessary.
• If you are taking on this course as an apprenticeship, you must also hold a Grade A* – C in both English and Maths GCSEs, though if you do not have evidence of this from within the last 5 years, we will support you through Functional Skills in one or both subjects while you’re studying your course with us.
Working as a Personal Trainer in:
• Health and Fitness Centres/Clubs
• Local Authority Leisure Centres
• Country Clubs
• Community projects
• Alternatively, you may wish to use your qualification to register as a self-employed Personal Trainer, or even set up your own fitness business!
As a Personal Trainer, it is your responsibility to provide a comprehensive one-to-one educational fitness programme that promotes health and fitness development through realistic goal setting and education. You will be a key part of producing independent fitness enthusiasts by providing them with in-depth information on equipment usage, lifestyle management, and ultimately, knowledge of how to design their own personal fitness programmes.
ASPECTS OF YOUR WORK WILL INCLUDE:
• Running initial assessments or consultation sessions with members.
• Inducting members and showing them how to effectively use the equipment.
• Writing individual training programmes.
• Adapting training programmes for members with health problems or fitness injuries.
• Offering advice and guidance on nutrition and lifestyle.
• Implementing marketing initiatives to motivate members to use the gym or attend classes.
• Supervising customers and service users, ensuring they are correctly using the equipment and facilities.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to email@example.com.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.