LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATE IN PERSONAL TRAINING
Want a career boost and to gain your Level 3 Personal Training qualification? Are you looking for a flexible way to retrain or start a career that really works out? Our Level 3 Personal Training course will transform you into an industry-accredited professional, complete with skills to put you on the path to success.
You can get qualified in as little as 3 months with our flexible courses designed around your commitments – allowing you to continue working and earning throughout your study.
he aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a Personal Trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a wide range of clients.
Course Content Units:
• Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise
• Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
• Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity
• Applying the Principles of Nutrition as Part of a Personal Training Programme
• Programming Personal Training with Clients
• Delivering Personal Training
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning if preferred) and 3 workshop sessions, plus a final assessment. This assessment can take place in either your local facility with a client, or you may attend one of our partner gyms in Lancashire or Greater Manchester for your assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
This course will take a minimum of 10 weeks to complete, but you will given up to 12 weeks to complete the course in full. Our courses start regularly throughout the year, and usually fall on the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of evidence and practical assignment/demonstration
What you will receive?
Bespoke one-to-one tutorials
• Wholesale discount on nutritional supplements from our Shop
• Unique reading aids and learning material
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification accredited by Innovate Awarding: Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
Upon successful completion of any of our Fitness Instruction or Personal Training courses, you will be qualified to join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
• Distance Learning – £1,250
• On-site Learning – £1,500
Could you be eligible to get this course for FREE? Get in touch to find out more as terms and conditions will apply.
We can look at a payment plan that works for you where you pay an initial deposit for your course and monthly installments at the end of each month, but please do bear in mind that you will only receive your full qualification once the whole course fee has been paid in full.
• You must be at least 16 years old.
• You must hold the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction.
• You must be able to commit your time fully throughout the course.
• If you are taking the distance learning option then you will need regular access to a computer and the Internet.
• If you are taking on this course as an apprenticeship, you must also hold a Grade A* – C in both English and Maths GCSEs, though if you do not have evidence of this from within the last 5 years, we will support you through Functional Skills in one or both subjects while you’re studying your course with us.
Working as a Personal Trainer in:
• Health and Fitness Centres/Clubs
• Local Authority Leisure Centres
• Country Clubs
• Community projects
• Alternatively, you may wish to use your qualification to register as a self-employed Personal Trainer, or even set up your own fitness business!
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES COULD INCLUDE:
• Running initial assessments or consultation sessions with members.
• Inducting members and showing them how to effectively use the equipment.
• Writing individual training programmes.
• Adapting training programmes for members with health problems or fitness injuries.
• Offering advice and guidance on nutrition and lifestyle.
• Implementing marketing initiatives to motivate members to use the gym or attend classes.
• Supervising customers and service users, ensuring they are correctly using the equipment and facilities.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.