LEVEL 3 AWARD IN ADAPTING EXERCISE FOR ANTE & POST NATAL PARTICIPANTS
Whilst many women increasingly understand the benefits of exercise during and after pregnancy, it is essential for their health and for the health of the baby, that this exercise is carefully managed and monitored.
The Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante and Post Natal Participants qualification is a specialised qualification designed for qualified Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers. It enables learners to expand their expertise and knowledge in the area of exercise prescription for low risk ante and post natal clients. It allows learners to work with a wider variety of specialist clients, and examines the anatomical changes that occur during pregnancy, as well as the physiological adaptations and psychological considerations of pregnancy. The course enables learners to deliver specific abdominal training recommendations for expectant mothers.
Learners must achieve 3 credits to gain the qualification by completing one mandatory unit:
• Principles of Adapting a Physical Activity Programme to the Needs of Ante-natal and Post-natal Participants.
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning available) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
The course will take a minimum of 4 weeks to complete, but you will be given up to 6 weeks to complete the course in full. Our courses have many start dates, but these will usually be from the first Monday of each month.
You will need to submit coursework and a portfolio of evidence for this qualification. This course is 90% Theory, 10% Practical – based on a personal case study you will need to be working on.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one-to-one tutorials
• Unique reading resources and learning materials
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification accredited by Innovate Awarding: Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante and Post Natal Participants
On-site or Distance Learning - £99
We may be able to arrange for you to pay for your course in instalments after paying an initial deposit upon enrolment, but please bear in mind that you will only receive your qualification once the whole course fee has been paid in full.
• You should be a Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) recognised Level 2 Fitness Instructor (Gym Based or Exercise to Music) prior to commencing this course. This qualification should have been completed within the last 3 years, and proof of current REPs status will be required.
• You must be able to commit your time fully throughout the course.
• If doing the distance learning option you will need regular access to a computer and the Internet.
On completion of this qualification, learners may progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
• Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
• Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity
• Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Older Adults
• Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
• Level 3 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities in Active Leisure and Learning
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.