LEVEL 3 AWARD IN ADAPTING EXERCISE FOR OLDER ADULTS
Make good use of this specialist course to coach older adults to a healthier lifestyle as their body changes with age.
The Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Older Adults (QCF) is designed for qualified Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers looking to broaden their skill set in the fitness industry. It equips learners with the skills and expertise necessary to develop and deliver specialist training programmes for older clients. It examines age-related changes to the body and degenerative diseases, as well as exploring the psychological and sociological benefits of exercise programmes for the older client.
Learners must achieve 3 credits to gain the qualification by completing one mandatory unit:
• Principles of Adapting a Physical Activity Programme to the Needs of Older Adults
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning available) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
The course will take a minimum of 4 weeks to complete, but you will be given up to 6 weeks to complete the course in full. Our courses have many start dates, but these will usually be from the first Monday of each month.
You will need to submit coursework and a portfolio of evidence for this qualification. This course is 90% Theory, 10% Practical – based on a personal case study you will need to be working on.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one-to-one tutorials
• Unique reading resources and learning materials
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification accredited by Innovate Awarding: Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Older Adults
On-site or Distance Learning - £99
We may be able to arrange for you to pay for your course in instalments after paying an initial deposit upon enrolment, but please bear in mind that you will only receive your qualification once the whole course fee has been paid in full.
• You should be a Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) recognised Level 2 Fitness Instructor (Gym Based or Exercise to Music) prior to commencing this course. This qualification should have been completed within the last 3 years, and proof of current REPs status will be required.
• You must be able to commit your time fully throughout the course.
• If doing the distance learning option, you will need regular access to a computer and the Internet.
On completion of this qualification, learners may progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
• Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
• Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity
• Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante and Post Natal Participants
• Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
• Level 3 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities in Active Leisure and Learning
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to email@example.com.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.