LEVEL 2 NVQ CERTIFICATE IN ACTIVITY LEADERSHIP
The Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership is awarded by 1st4Sport Qualifications and has been developed with the support of industry experts. The 1st4Sport Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership is regulated at Level 2 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). With this Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership you will also gain your Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football as part of the technical element of your programme. Other NGB sports coaching certificates are available upon request, though this may carry a fee. Alternatively we can also offer a Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport or the Level 2 Fitness Instruction pathway.
For new Apprenticeship Levy rules please see below*
This apprenticeship forms part of a structured and progressive programme of activity leadership and other sports-related qualifications, offering you a clear career progression route.
What can I use it for?
• To gain paid or unpaid employment as an activity leader.
• As part of the development of a credible CV for employment in the sport, recreation and leisure industry.
• As a stepping stone to Level 3 sports-related qualifications.
Your learning and assessment programme will greatly depend on the area of activity leadership you are working in or have access to. The units within the qualification cover a range of areas:
Mandatory units – you must achieve all of these units:
• Support the work of your team and organisation
• Prepare for activity sessions
• Lead activity sessions
• Conclude and review activity sessions
• Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
• Support equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation
Optional units – you must achieve a minimum of two of these units:
• Administer finance and information
• Contribute to joint working with other organisations
• Support the development of the sport or activity
• Set up, take down and store activity equipment
• Check and service activity equipment
• Contribute to environmental conservation in active leisure and recreation
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Look after participants when they are away from home
• Enable disabled people to take part in activities
• Contribute to adventurous activities
• Contribute to participants’ personal and social development
• Contribute to participants’ exploration and understanding of the natural environment.
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (phone, email, Skype, one to one) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment. This assessment can take place in either your local/preferred facility with a client, or you are free to attend any of Onside’s partner organisations across the North West.
Course Start and Duration:
The course will take a minimum of 12 months to complete. You can start whenever you have secured a work placement.
Coursework, a portfolio of evidence, and practical assignment/demonstration.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one to one tutorials
• Unique reading aids and learning material
Upon completing the apprenticeship, you will receive the following qualifications:
Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
Level 2 Award in ERR (Employee Rights and Responsibilities)
Plus one of the following depending on your chosen pathway;
1) Level 2 Coaching Badge OR
2) Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction OR
3) Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
APPRENTICESHIP FEES AND STIPULATIONS:
• FREE for anyone aged 16 years and above who doesn’t hold a Degree who is works in a paid environment within an activity leadership related industry for a minimum of 16 hours per week throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
• If you do not fall into the above categories, the course fee is £2300 for the standalone qualification.
• You must hold GCSE Grades A* – G in English and Maths, dated within the last five years
• If you cannot demonstrate the above, we will support you through the Functional Skills Level 1 qualifications during your apprenticeship as a mandatory element
• You will need regular and reliable access to a computer and the internet.
*If you pay the Apprenticeship Levy:
If your an employer with a wage bill over £3 million each year, you will be paying into the apprenticeship levy from April 6th 2017. Any apprentices that started their programme before 1st may 2017 will continue to be funded under the terms and conditions that were in place at the time their apprenticeship started.
You can only use funds in your account to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment for apprentices that work at least 50% of the time in England, and only up to the funding band maximum for that apprenticeship. If the costs of training and assessment go over the funding band maximum, you will need to pay the difference with other funds from your own budget. You can’t use funds in your account to pay for other costs associated with your apprentices (such as wages, statutory licences to practise, travel and subsidiary costs, work placement programmes or the setting up of an apprenticeship programme). Read the apprenticeship funding rules for full details of what you can and can’t pay for with funds from your apprenticeship service account.
*If you DO NOT pay the Apprenticeship Levy:
Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government - this is called ‘co-investment’.From May 2017, you will pay 10% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training and government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum
If you do not pay the levy, you won’t be able to use the apprenticeship service to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment until at least 2018. Instead, you’ll need to agree a payment schedule with the provider and pay them directly for the training. The provider must prove that you have paid your contributions as a condition of government paying its contribution.
If you employ an apprentice aged 16-18 years of age you will receive an incentive payment of £1000 in 2 instalments during their time on programme. Also there is no requirement to pay the 10% payment, this also applies for 19-24 year olds who were formerly in care or who have an Education and Health Care plan.
Gov.uk has many links that can give the relevant advice, guidance and support for employers.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to email@example.com.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.