LEVEL 3 ADVANCED APPRENTICESHIP IN LEISURE MANAGEMENT
The 1st4Sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Leisure Management (QCF) is designed to provide learners aged 18 and over with the knowledge, skills and competences required to work as a duty or line manager within the leisure industry. This qualification is part of a suite professionally recognised by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), which supports an individual’s personal and professional development within the industry.
For new Apprenticeship Levy rules please see below*
This qualification is designed to support experienced operatives in the industry to demonstrate their competence in the workplace. This is a Level 3 qualification and, as such, simulation is not appropriate/ acceptable for the majority of units due to its real workplace focus. We do not consider this course appropriate for those in full-time education, but instead for people employed in an associated role. Please also note that the awarding body’s minimum age limit of 18 is probably an underestimate. The qualification is designed for those in employment who ideally have a minimum of three years experience in an associated role and who are looking to progress to a management role. As such, Onside would state that the minimum age should ideally be 21.
The apprenticeship covers the following units:
• Understanding How to Lead a Team in Active Leisure
• Promoting Customer Care in Active Leisure
• Understanding How to Manage Health Safety and Welfare in Active Leisure
• Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning sector
• Understanding Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Continuing Professional Development in Active Leisure
• Understanding the Employing Organisation
• Managing Own Professional Development within an Active Leisure Organisation
• Setting Objectives and Provide Support for an Active Leisure Team
• Ensuring the Health, Safety, Welfare and Security of Customers and Staff in an Active Leisure Environment
• Improving the Customer’s Experience in Active Leisure
Optional Units – Group A
• Understanding Financial Procedures in Active Leisure
• Understanding How to Deliver Objectives through the Work of an Active Leisure Team
• Understanding How to Supervise Facility Maintenance in Active Leisure
• Marketing in Active Leisure
• Understanding How to Sell Services and Products to Customers in Active Leisure
• Operating a Swimming Pool Plant
Optional Units (Group B)
• Address Performance Problems Affecting Team Members
• Promote Learning and Development in Active Leisure
• Manage Physical Recourses in Active Leisure
• Implement Financial Procedures in Active Leisure
• Plan, Organise and Evaluate Active Leisure Services
• Contribute to Marketing in Active Leisure
• Operate Swimming pool Plant
• Sell Active Leisure Services and Products to Customers
• Supervise the Maintenance of Equipment and Facilities in Active Leisure
• Contribute to the Prevention and Management of Abusive and Aggressive Behaviour
• Develop Productive Working Relationships with Colleagues.
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT:
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (phone, email, Skype, one to one) and workshop sessions, plus a range of work-based observations, projects, case studies and assessments.
Course Start and Duration:
The course will take a minimum of 18 months to complete. You can start whenever you have secured a work placement.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one to one tutorials
• Unique reading aids and learning material
Upon completing the apprenticeship, you will receive the following qualifications:
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Leisure Management
Level 3 Certificate in Leisure Management
APPRENTICESHIP FEES AND STIPULATIONS:
• FREE for anyone aged 16 years and above who doesn’t hold a Degree who is works in a paid environment within an activity leadership related industry for a minimum of 16 hours per week throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
• If you do not fall into the above categories, the course fee is £3000 for the standalone qualification.
• You must have successfully completed a full Level 2 in a sports related discipline, eg: Level 2 in Activity Leadership, Level 2 in Leisure Management or Level 2 Certificate in PESS.
• You must hold GCSE Grades A* – C in English and Maths, dated within the last five years
• If you cannot demonstrate the above, we will support you through the Functional Skills Level 2 qualifications during your apprenticeship as a mandatory element
• You will need regular and reliable access to a computer and the internet.
*If you pay the Apprenticeship Levy:
If your an employer with a wage bill over £3 million each year, you will be paying into the apprenticeship levy from April 6th 2017. Any apprentices that started their programme before 1st may 2017 will continue to be funded under the terms and conditions that were in place at the time their apprenticeship started.
You can only use funds in your account to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment for apprentices that work at least 50% of the time in England, and only up to the funding band maximum for that apprenticeship. If the costs of training and assessment go over the funding band maximum, you will need to pay the difference with other funds from your own budget. You can’t use funds in your account to pay for other costs associated with your apprentices (such as wages, statutory licences to practise, travel and subsidiary costs, work placement programmes or the setting up of an apprenticeship programme). Read the apprenticeship funding rules for full details of what you can and can’t pay for with funds from your apprenticeship service account.
*If you DO NOT pay the Apprenticeship Levy:
Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government - this is called ‘co-investment’.From May 2017, you will pay 10% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training and government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum
If you do not pay the levy, you won’t be able to use the apprenticeship service to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment until at least 2018. Instead, you’ll need to agree a payment schedule with the provider and pay them directly for the training. The provider must prove that you have paid your contributions as a condition of government paying its contribution.
If you employ an apprentice aged 16-18 years of age you will receive an incentive payment of £1000 in 2 instalments during their time on programme. Also there is no requirement to pay the 10% payment, this also applies for 19-24 year olds who were formerly in care or who have an Education and Health Care plan.
Gov.uk has many links that can give the relevant advice, guidance and support for employers.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to email@example.com.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.