LEVEL 3 ADVANCED APPRENTICESHIP IN EARLY LEARNING AND CHILDCARE (EARLY YEARS EDUCATOR)
This qualiﬁcation is designed to build the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth to 5 years. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas.
For new Apprenticeship Levy rules please see below*
This qualification is suitable for those who work with children and young people in a supervisory role. It provides Learners with an opportunity to demonstrate their competence in a wide range of job roles and settings.
Learners must gain all mandatory units comprising 67 credits to achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Early Learning & Childcare (Early Years Educator).
• Applying the early education framework
• Assessment planning in the early years setting
• Continuing professional development for early years practitioners
• Equality, diversity and inclusion for early years practitioners
• Health, safety and security procedures in early years setting
• Personal care and wellbeing for children in early years setting
• Plan and lead activities and educational programmes
• Providing children with additional support in early years setting
• Safeguarding children in early years setting
• Supporting children through transitions and significant events
• Supporting children’s holistic development
• Supporting positive behaviour in during early years
• Understanding child development
• Understanding theories and philosophical approaches to child development
• Using assessment techniques for children in early years setting
• Working in partnership with parents and others in early years setting
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT:
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (phone, email, Skype, one to one) and workshop sessions, plus a range of work-based observations, projects, case studies and assessments.
Course Start and Duration:
The course will take a minimum of 18 months to complete. You can start whenever you have secured a work placement.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one to one tutorials
• Unique reading aids and learning material
Upon completing the apprenticeship, you will receive the following qualifications:
Level 3 Diploma in Early Learning and Childcare
Level 3 NVQ in Early Learning and Childcare
Level 2 Award in ERR (Employee Rights and Responsibilities)
APPRENTICESHIP FEES AND STIPULATIONS:
• FREE for anyone aged 16 years and above who doesn’t hold a Degree who is works in a paid environment within an activity leadership related industry for a minimum of 16 hours per week throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
• You must hold GCSE Grades A* – C in English and Maths, dated within the last five years
• If you cannot demonstrate the above, we will support you through the Functional Skills Level 2 qualifications during your apprenticeship as a mandatory element
• You will need regular and reliable access to a computer and the internet.
*If you pay the Apprenticeship Levy:
If your an employer with a wage bill over £3 million each year, you will be paying into the apprenticeship levy from April 6th 2017. Any apprentices that started their programme before 1st may 2017 will continue to be funded under the terms and conditions that were in place at the time their apprenticeship started.
You can only use funds in your account to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment for apprentices that work at least 50% of the time in England, and only up to the funding band maximum for that apprenticeship. If the costs of training and assessment go over the funding band maximum, you will need to pay the difference with other funds from your own budget. You can’t use funds in your account to pay for other costs associated with your apprentices (such as wages, statutory licences to practise, travel and subsidiary costs, work placement programmes or the setting up of an apprenticeship programme). Read the apprenticeship funding rules for full details of what you can and can’t pay for with funds from your apprenticeship service account.
*If you DO NOT pay the Apprenticeship Levy:
Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government - this is called ‘co-investment’.From May 2017, you will pay 10% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training and government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum
If you do not pay the levy, you won’t be able to use the apprenticeship service to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment until at least 2018. Instead, you’ll need to agree a payment schedule with the provider and pay them directly for the training. The provider must prove that you have paid your contributions as a condition of government paying its contribution.
If you employ an apprentice aged 16-18 years of age you will receive an incentive payment of £1000 in 2 instalments during their time on programme. Also there is no requirement to pay the 10% payment, this also applies for 19-24 year olds who were formerly in care or who have an Education and Health Care plan.
Gov.uk has many links that can give the relevant advice, guidance and support for employers.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.