LEVEL 3 ADVANCED APPRENTICESHIP IN PERSONAL TRAINING
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training and Business Planning
Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
Level 2 Functional Skills Qualification in English and / or Maths
This Advanced Apprenticeship is designed for those who already work in the health and fitness industry and wish to continue their professional development, as well as for those who wish to enter the sector in a supervisory/managerial role.
Components of this framework.
48 credits for competence - NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
36 credits for knowledge - Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
10 credits for Transferable skills - 5 credits for Maths and 5 credits for English
8 credits for ERR Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
Level 3 Apprenticeships require you to hold a relevant Level 2 Qualification within that sector and if you already hold your English and Maths GCSE’s at grade A-C or functional skills level 2, you will be exempt from these.
Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante and Post Natal Participants
Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Older Adults
Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity
Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
Upon successful completion Learners will achieve entry to REPs at Level 3 as a Personal Trainer. Learners may progress to roles within gyms or sports and fitness centres or work on a self-employed basis.
If you pay the Apprenticeship Levy:
If your an employer with a wage bill over £3 million each year, you will be paying into the apprenticeship levy from April 6th 2017. Any apprentices that started their programme before 1st may 2017 will continue to be funded under the terms and conditions that were in place at the time their apprenticeship started.
You can only use funds in your account to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment for apprentices that work at least 50% of the time in England, and only up to the funding band maximum for that apprenticeship. If the costs of training and assessment go over the funding band maximum, you will need to pay the difference with other funds from your own budget. You can’t use funds in your account to pay for other costs associated with your apprentices (such as wages, statutory licences to practise, travel and subsidiary costs, work placement programmes or the setting up of an apprenticeship programme). Read the apprenticeship funding rules for full details of what you can and can’t pay for with funds from your apprenticeship service account.
If you DO NOT pay the Apprenticeship Levy:
Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government - this is called ‘co-investment’.From May 2017, you will pay 10% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training and government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum
If you do not pay the levy, you won’t be able to use the apprenticeship service to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment until at least 2018. Instead, you’ll need to agree a payment schedule with the provider and pay them directly for the training. The provider must prove that you have paid your contributions as a condition of government paying its contribution.
If you employ an apprentice aged 16-18 years of age you will receive an incentive payment of £1000 in 2 instalments during their time on programme. Also there is no requirement to pay the 10% payment, this also applies for 19-24 year olds who were formerly in care or who have an Education and Health Care plan.
Gov.uk has many links that can give the relevant advice, guidance and support for employers.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Onside Education Team
T: 01257 278 131