LEVEL 3 ADVANCED APPRENTICESHIP IN PERSONAL TRAINING
Want a career boost and to gain your Level 3 Personal Training qualification whilst working in a local gym or sports centre? Our Level 3 Personal Training apprenticeship will transform you into an industry-accredited professional to put you on a career path that really works out.
For new Apprenticeship Levy rules please see below*
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a Personal Trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Personal Training covers the following mandatory units:
• Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise
• Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
• Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity
• Applying the Principles of Nutrition as Part of a Personal Training Programme
• Programming Personal Training with Clients
• Delivering Personal Training
COURSE DELIVERY AND ASSESSMENT:
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (phone, email, Skype, one to one) and workshop sessions, plus a range of work-based observations, projects, case studies and assessments.
Course Start and Duration:
The course will take a minimum of 18 months to complete. You can start whenever you have secured a work placement.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one to one tutorials
• Unique reading aids and learning material
Upon completing the apprenticeship, you will receive the following qualifications
Level 3 NVQ in Personal Training
Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
Level 3 Award in ERR (Employee Rights and Responsibilities)
APPRENTICESHIP FEES AND STIPULATIONS:
• FREE for anyone aged 16 years and above who doesn’t hold a Degree who is works in a paid environment within an activity leadership related industry for a minimum of 16 hours per week throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
• If you do not fall into the above categories, the course fee is £2200 for the standalone qualification.
• You must have successfully obtained the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction.
• You must hold GCSE Grades A* – C in English and Maths, dated within the last five years
• If you cannot demonstrate the above, we will support you through the Functional Skills Level 2 qualifications during your apprenticeship as a mandatory element
• You will need regular and reliable access to a computer and the internet.
*If you pay the Apprenticeship Levy:
If your an employer with a wage bill over £3 million each year, you will be paying into the apprenticeship levy from April 6th 2017. Any apprentices that started their programme before 1st may 2017 will continue to be funded under the terms and conditions that were in place at the time their apprenticeship started.
You can only use funds in your account to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment for apprentices that work at least 50% of the time in England, and only up to the funding band maximum for that apprenticeship. If the costs of training and assessment go over the funding band maximum, you will need to pay the difference with other funds from your own budget. You can’t use funds in your account to pay for other costs associated with your apprentices (such as wages, statutory licences to practise, travel and subsidiary costs, work placement programmes or the setting up of an apprenticeship programme). Read the apprenticeship funding rules for full details of what you can and can’t pay for with funds from your apprenticeship service account.
*If you DO NOT pay the Apprenticeship Levy:
Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government - this is called ‘co-investment’.From May 2017, you will pay 10% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training and government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum
If you do not pay the levy, you won’t be able to use the apprenticeship service to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment until at least 2018. Instead, you’ll need to agree a payment schedule with the provider and pay them directly for the training. The provider must prove that you have paid your contributions as a condition of government paying its contribution.
If you employ an apprentice aged 16-18 years of age you will receive an incentive payment of £1000 in 2 instalments during their time on programme. Also there is no requirement to pay the 10% payment, this also applies for 19-24 year olds who were formerly in care or who have an Education and Health Care plan.
Gov.uk has many links that can give the relevant advice, guidance and support for employers.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.