TWO-YEAR FOOTBALL AND EDUCATION COURSE FOR 16-18 YEAR OLDS RECRUITING NOW FOR THE 2018/19 SEASON!
Supporting Learning of Physical Education and School Sport
BTEC Leadership Through Sport
BTEC in Workskills
BTEC 90 Credit Diploma in Sport
BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport
WHAT DO OUR LEARNERS SAY...
"The A2B Academy offered a fantastic opportunity to study my Level 3 and progress within Football. Through the support, and unique links of the academy I got the opportunity to trial at Premier League club Huddersfield Town FC and from that trial I have been invited back for a longer period and to play in a competitive fixture which is a dream come true. At the same time if the Football does not work out then thanks to A2B, I will always have my education to fall back on”.
“I chose to attend this academy as I wanted to continue my education with the focus specifically on sports, whilst at the same time developing my football ability. Therefore the practical elements of the course really appealed to me, as there is a mixture of training and lessons. In terms of my future I am working towards becoming a professional footballer, but careers in coaching and scouting also appeal to me”.
Monday - Thursday
Level 2: None
Level 3: 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, or progression from Level 2
Westwood Campus, Coventry
• Learn in a football based environment with first class facilities, with all aspects of the course based in one location.
The jaguar sports centre boasts a swimming pool, gym, 3g and grass pitches on site.
• Develop both your footballing ability through highly qualified, FA and UEFA accredited coaches.
• Support with nutritional advice and performance analysis.
• Represent A2B in the ECFA.
• Progress through a range of additional qualifications including the FA level 1 coaching course
• Guest sessions throughout the academic year, including Nike, Huddersfield Town FC and Science in Sport Staff.
• Work experience coaching in the local community and schools.
• Play in showcase matches against professional academies.
• Trials with professional and semi professional clubs if you perform well enough in matches.
• Apprenticeship as a sport development officer or PE coordinator.
• Employment in community coaching and primary school PE departments.
• US football scholarships where learners complete a degree qualification whilst playing for their university Institution.
• The BTEC extended diploma holds the same UCAS points as three A levels and allows learners to progress onto a range of sport related university courses, including PE teaching, Sport Development, Physiotherapy, Sport Exercise Science, Sport Coaching, Sports Journalism, and Performance Analysis.
A2B ACADEMY MANAGER
“The Aspire2Be Elite football academy focuses upon delivering outstanding education alongside a professional football programme. Providing all academy players with professional support and coaching; including analysis, strength and conditioning and recovery sessions. The facilities are top-level including full size grass pitches, 3G astro pitches, a full size swimming pool and gym facilities. A clear focus on the individual is at the heart of what we do, as shown by our mantra: Every student-athlete counts”.
If you require further information on A2B Academy...
T: 07411 618 491