LEVEL 5 CERTIFICATE IN PRIMARY SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION
The Level 5 Primary School Physical Education qualification for primary school teachers is developed by the Association for Physical Education (AfPE) and 1st4Sport qualifications and is delivered by Onside Education.
This qualification has been created to help make the most effective use of Physical Education and School Sport premium funding. By extending your skills, you will help to ensure a sustainable and high quality primary school Physical Education for children. The Level 5 qualification is a vocational course, and equivalent to a Higher Education Degree Level 5. This qualification aims to develop delegates’ subject knowledge and understanding of primary Physical Education, so that they are effectively able to assist in raising the standards in teaching and learning of the subject within their school.
The qualification teaches delegates how to understand the requirements of the primary school Physical Education curriculum. It will help delegates explore the links between the principles of pedagogy and child development, and demonstrate how using a range of activities can impact on ‘good or outstanding’ teaching and learning within primary school physical education.
Delegates will also learn how to develop plans for units of work that cover the primary school Physical Education curriculum and School Sport agenda, and how to use assessment to impact on learning and progress. Delegates will deliver, teach, evaluate and review the plans for units of work and will learn how to use the outcomes of those units of work to inform future planning.
This qualification consists of six mandatory units, which will each be broken down into delegate assessment tasks
• Understanding key legislation related to Physical Education and School Sport
• Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
• Understanding primary school Physical Education
• Principles of pedagogy in primary school Physical Education
• Planning for continuity and progression in primary school Physical Education
• Using assessment to impact on learning and progress in primary school Physical Education
• Teaching primary school Physical Education
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning available) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
You will be given up to 6 months to complete the course. Our courses have many start dates, but usually these fall on the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of evidence, and practical assignment/demonstration of your competence and capabilities.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one to one tuition
• Unique reading aids and learning materials
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification, awarded by 1st4Sport:
Level 5 Certificate in Primary School Physical Education
• On-site/Distance Learning – £1100
We may be able to arrange a payment plan for our delegates, on provision of a deposit being paid upon enrolment. Please note that you will only receive your qualification once the full cost of the course has been paid.
• You must be working within a primary school setting and already have some experience of delivering Physical Education across all Key Stages.
• You must have qualified teacher status (QTS) or hold full time teaching assistant/higher level teaching assistant (TA/HLTA) responsibility
• You must have regular and reliable access to a computer and the internet.
Learners who achieve this qualification, depending on role and career aspirations, may wish to obtain further qualifications in this suite, such as the Level 6 Award in Primary School Physical Education Subject Leadership.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to email@example.com.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.