LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATE IN SUPPORTING THE DELIVERY OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SCHOOL SPORT (L3 PESS)
Developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (AfPE), the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport prepares learners for employment in a school sport setting, through providing an introduction to opportunities for them to work as a Physical Education and School Sport professional, such as a:
• Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
• Teaching Assistant (TA)
• Sports Development Officer
• Sports coach, volunteer or leader
This qualification is perfect for those who already work, or aspire to work, in a Physical Education and School Sport setting, as it is specifically designed to provide them with a greater understanding of programmes of study for Physical Education, the National Curriculum and the professional environment in which they will be operating.
What’s more, an additional benefit is that completing this qualification can help learners work towards becoming a TA/HLTA. This is because it can also lead to the achievement of the Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF), which is a qualification that provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding for those working directly with children or young people in schools.
This qualification consists of eight mandatory units. The learner must achieve a total of 28 credits (minimum) to attain the Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport:
• Understanding key legislation related to Physical Education and School Sport
• Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
• Schools as an organisation
• Understanding children’s and young people’s development
• Understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
• Supporting assessment for learning
• Planning Physical Education and School Sport programmes
• Reviewing the delivery of Physical Education and School Sport programmes
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning available) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
The course will take a minimum of 12 months, but you will have up to 18 months to complete in full. Courses have many start dates, but these will usually be the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of evidence and practical assignment/demonstration will all be assessed.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one to one tutorials
• Unique reading aids and learning material
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification, accredited by 1st4Sport:
Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery Physical Education and School Sport
• On-site/Distance Learning - £660
We can arrange a payment plan for you upon payment of an initial deposit at enrolment, but please bear in mind that you will only receive your qualification once the whole course fee has been paid in full.
• You must be at least 16 years of age to attend the programme of training
• You must hold a Level 2 Physical Education or Sport related qualification, for example:
*1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport (QCF)
*GCSE in Physical Education (Grades A*-C)
*Level 2 National Governing Body of Sport coaching qualification
*Level 2 BTEC in Sport
*Level 2 qualification in Sports/Activity Leadership
• You must be able to communicate effectively in English (includes speaking, listening, reading and writing)
• As the programme will be distance learning you will need access to a computer and the internet.
If you are studying this course as part of an apprenticeship…
• You need to be working in a paid environment within the sport, fitness or health industry (or ideally in a school)
• You will need to hold GCSE Grades A* – C in English and Maths, but if you don’t have evidence of this from within the last 5 years we will put you through to do the Functional Skills in one or both subjects while you’re studying the course with us.
• You must not hold a degree in a similar discipline or related field in order to enroll.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.