LEVEL 3 AWARD IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
he Level 3 Award in Education and Training provides an introduction to teaching and learning. The objective of the qualification is to prepare learners for employment and support them to progress to a teaching role within their chosen workplace.
The Award in Education and Training is a short course designed to enable a wide range of learners to lead teaching or learning tasks relevant to their own training or teaching situations. The Award is recommended for all teachers new to the sector and those who are aspiring to teach in further education, adult and community learning, work-based learning or other parts of the learning and skills sector.
The Award is suitable for those who work, or intend to work, as:
• Teachers in adult and community education
• Teachers or trainers in the voluntary sector
• Training personnel in commerce, industry, the public sector or HM Forces
• Technicians and support staff in further and adult education
Learners must achieve a minimum of 12 credits: three credits from mandatory Group A, six credits from optional Group B and three credits from optional Group C.
Mandatory units – Group A
• Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
Optional Group B
• Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
• Facilitating learning and development for individuals
• Facilitating learning and development in groups
Optional Group C
• Understanding assessment in education and training
• Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning available) plus workshops and final assessments.
Course Start and Duration:
You will be given 6 months up to a year to complete the course. Courses have many start dates, but usually commence from the first Monday of each month.
You will be assessed via production of coursework, a portfolio of evidence, and practical assignments/demonstrations of your work and capabilities.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one to one tutorials
• Unique reading aids and learning materials
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification, accredited by Innovate Awarding:
Level 3 Award in Education and Training and Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
• On-Site/Distance Learning - £1,999 (this fee covers both the Level 3 Award and the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training – please contact us for clarification if you are interested in any part of this qualification).
In some cases we may be able to set up a payment plan for candidates, providing that a deposit is paid upon enrollment. Please note that you will only receive your qualification once the whole course fee has been paid in full.
• There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
• Ideally you should hold a GCSE in English at Grade C or above (or equivalent) to demonstrate the requirement for a strong level of literacy and communication needed in this course
• This qualification is suitable for those who are new to working in the education and training sector, or those who aspire to do so.
• If taking a distance learning option you will need regular and reliable access to a computer and the internet.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.