LEVEL 3 INTENSIVE DIPLOMA IN FITNESS INSTRUCTION AND PERSONAL TRAINING
Our intensive Level 3 Intensive Fitness Instruction and Personal Training Diploma will transform you into an industry-accredited Personal Trainer in just 6 weeks. What’s more, we’ll also give you the business, marketing and customer service skills you’ll need to succeed should you go on to set up your own PT venture.
By choosing Onside Education as your course provider, you can expect the highest standard of teaching thanks to our programme of 100% face-to-face classroom and gym-based learning. By choosing this intensive course, you will receive on-going access to and support from our industry experienced tutors – even after you’ve completed the course!
This intensive course lives up to its name, and you’ll be expected to work hard for 5 days every week; taking on home-study and application at evenings and weekends. Get yourself into a positive training mindset and you’ll qualify as a REPs accredited Personal Trainer in under two months, giving you a focused, efficient and dynamic route into a lucrative career in Personal Training.
This course will teach you how to offer one-to-one training and nutritional advice, and how to design programmes tailored to the individual needs of your clients.
The knowledge and skills you gain will help you to develop a career as a personal trainer. These qualifications are designed to enhance your employment opportunities or give you the functional skills you need to start out on your own as a freelance or self-employed Personal Trainer.
Course Content Units:
Level 2 Fitness Instruction:
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Health and Safety
• Planning a Fitness Session
• Delivering a Fitness Session
Level 3 Personal Training:
• Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise
• Health, Safety and Welfare in a Fitness Environment
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
• Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity
• Applying the Principles of Nutrition as Part of a Personal Training Programme
• Programming Personal Training with Clients
• Delivering Personal Training
• Business Planning
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning if preferred) and 3 workshop sessions, plus a final assessment. This assessment can take place in either your local facility with a client, or you may attend one of our partner gyms in Lancashire or Greater Manchester for your assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
This course will take a minimum of 24 weeks to complete, but you will given up to a year to complete the course in full. Our courses start regularly throughout the year, and usually fall on the first Monday of each month.
Coursework, a portfolio of evidence and practical assignment/demonstration
What you will receive?
• Bespoke one-to-one tutorials
• Wholesale discount on nutritional supplements from our Shop
• Unique reading aids and learning material
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification accredited by Innovate Awarding: Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instruction and Personal Training
Upon successful completion of any of our Fitness Instruction or Personal Training courses, you will be qualified to join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
• On-site Learning – £2,700
Could you be eligible to get this course for FREE? Get in touch to find out more as terms and conditions will apply.
We can look at a payment plan that works for you where you pay an initial deposit for your course and monthly installments at the end of each month, but please do bear in mind that you will only receive your full qualification once the whole course fee has been paid in full.
• You must be at least 16 years old.
• You must be able to commit your time fully throughout the course.
• If you are taking the distance learning option then you will need regular access to a computer and the Internet.
• Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is desirable, and as the course requires physical exertion and individual participation, a strong element of physical fitness is necessary.
• If you are taking on this course as an apprenticeship, you must also hold a Grade A* – C in both English and Maths GCSEs, though if you do not have evidence of this from within the last 5 years, we will support you through Functional Skills in one or both subjects while you’re studying your course with us.
Working as a Personal Trainer in:
• Health and Fitness Centres/Clubs
• Local Authority Leisure Centres
• Country Clubs
• Community projects
• Alternatively, you may wish to use your qualification to register as a self-employed Personal Trainer, or even set up your own fitness business!
As a Personal Trainer, it is your responsibility to provide a comprehensive one-to-one educational fitness programme that promotes health and fitness development through realistic goal setting and education. You will be a key part of producing independent fitness enthusiasts by providing them with in-depth information on equipment usage, lifestyle management, and ultimately, knowledge of how to design their own personal fitness programmes.
ASPECTS OF YOUR WORK WILL INCLUDE:
• Running initial assessments or consultation sessions with members.
• Inducting members and showing them how to effectively use the equipment.
• Writing individual training programmes.
• Adapting training programmes for members with health problems or fitness injuries.
• Offering advice and guidance on nutrition and lifestyle.
• Implementing marketing initiatives to motivate members to use the gym or attend classes.
• Supervising customers and service users, ensuring they are correctly using the equipment and facilities.
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.