LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN EXERCISE REFERRAL
Take your passion for health and fitness and combine them to really make a difference to people whose circumstances have seen them be medically referred onto an exercise programme.
The Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral (QCF) qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge to ensure safe and effective exercise programming for patients with a number of medical conditions and/or common reasons for referral onto a community-based exercise referral scheme.
Learners must achieve 38 credits to gain the qualification by completing six mandatory units:
• Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise and Health
• Professional Practice for Exercise Referral Instructors
• Understanding Medical Conditions for Exercise Referral
• Applying the Principles of Nutrition to a Physical Activity Programme
• Planning Exercise Referral Programmes with Patients
• Instructing Exercise with Referred Patients
The course will require regular contact with your tutor (distance learning available) and workshop sessions, plus a final assessment.
Course Start and Duration:
The course will take a minimum of 4 weeks to complete, but you will be given up to 6 weeks to complete the course in full. Our courses have many start dates, but these will usually be from the first Monday of each month.
You will need to submit coursework and a portfolio of evidence for this qualification. This course is 90% Theory, 10% Practical – based on a personal case study you will need to be working on.
What you will receive:
• Bespoke one-to-one tutorials
• Unique reading resources and learning materials
Upon passing the course, you will receive the following qualification accredited by Innovate Awarding:
Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
On-site or Distance Learning - £450
We may be able to arrange for you to pay for your course in instalments after paying an initial deposit upon enrolment, but please bear in mind that you will only receive your qualification once the whole course fee has been paid in full.
• You should be a Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) recognised Level 2 Fitness Instructor (Gym Based or Exercise to Music) prior to commencing this course. This qualification should have been completed within the last 3 years, and proof of current REPs status will be required.
• You must be able to commit your time fully throughout the course.
• If doing the distance learning option you will need regular access to a computer and the Internet.
On completion of this qualification, learners may progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
• Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training
• Level 3 Award in Nutrition for Physical Activity
• Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Older Adults
• Level 3 Award in Adapting Exercise for Ante and Post Natal Participants
• Level 3 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities in Active Leisure and Learning
Following successful completion of this course, learners will be able to work effectively with people suffering from:
• hypertension and hypercholesterolemia
• chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma
• diabetes and obesity
• osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
• back pain
• mental health issues
HOW DO I ENROL?
Our course application form is attached below. Please complete it as fully as you can (to speed up your application) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also use this form if you have any questions, or pick up the phone and call our team on 01257 278 131.